Primarily for students in engineering and biological sciences.
There are 10 integrated virtual labs in this course:
- Lab 1:Thomas Cathode Ray Tube Experiment
- Lab 2: Atomic Emission Spectra
- Lab 3: Counting Atoms and Molecules
- Lab 4: Flame Tests for Metals
- Lab 5: Names and Formulas of Ionic Compounds; Writing Balanced Precipitation Reactions
- Lab 6: Ranking Salt Solutions by pH
- Lab 7: Endothermic vs. Exothermic
- Lab 8: Heat of Combustion: Chicken Fat
- Lab 9: Derivation of the Ideal Gas Law
- Lab 10: Strong and Weak Electrolytes
Students will need to obtain a scientific calculator and a license to use Smartwork 5. The license can be purchased as a bundle with the textbook or as a separate item.